Date(s) - 15/09/2020
14:00 - 16:00
- Welcome and rules of the webinar
- Overview and status project
- Highlights, innovations, demonstration and assessment. Impact and requirements
- Potential benefits and limitations of technology solutions: Aerodynamics, hybrid distributed powertrain, front end design and vehicle architecture.
- Modular architectures for efficient logistics operations.
- Transport assesment tool. How I can make road freight transport efficient in my supply chain?
- Smart and intelligent access regulations to transport infrastructure. How to drive efficiency and new technology adoption.
- Next steps, outlook
AEROFLEX – Aerodynamic and Flexible Trucks for Next Generation of Long Distance Road Transport
The AEROFLEX project will develop and demonstrate new technologies, concepts and architectures for complete vehicles with optimised aerodynamics, powertrains and safety systems as well as flexible and adaptable loading units with advanced interconnectedness contributing to the vision of a “physical internet”. The optimal matching of novel vehicle concepts and infrastructures is highly important, requiring the definition of smart infrastructure access policies for the next generation of trucks, load carriers and road infrastructure.
The overall efficiency target is broken down as follows:
- 4-5% energy saving by separate platforms;
- 4-6% energy saving by using loading space more effectively;
- 5-12% energy efficiency improvement from the integration of more flexible, advanced powertrains;
- 5-10% reduction in energy consumption through improved truck aerodynamics;
- standardised interfaces and the resulting sharing of components leading to higher economies of scale;
- front end designs to ensure survivability in crashes up to 50 km/h for occupants and vulnerable road users.
AEROFLEX – www.aeroflex-project.eu