The AEROFLEX project is developing and demonstrating new technologies, concepts, and architectures for complete vehicles with optimized aerodynamics, powertrains, and safety systems as well as flexible and adaptable loading units with advanced interconnectedness contributing to the vision of the physical internet. The AEROFLEX project is liaised with ALICE and the final phase of the project has started. The demonstrators, equipped with all AEROFLEX innovations, are running on the test track at IDIADA and on a public motorway form IDIADA to Fraga. Through the upcoming webinar 24 March 2021, you will get an overview of the first results, the opportunities beyond the project running time and finally the details of the final event, planned 28 September 2021.
AEROFLEX is striving to demonstrate efficiency improvements in long haul road freight transport up to 33%. The previous 2 webinars gave you already some insides of the goals and objectives, and you are welcome to listen to the recording of these webinars to bring you up to date, available on ALICE Knowledge Platform.
This webinar is planned as an interactive session, giving you the benefit of getting involved and actively discuss with us the results, the interpretations, and the activities beyond the project.
- Welcome and rule of the webinar
- ALICE introduction
- Project overview and highlights
Session I Short presentations followed by a panel discussion on the following topics:
- P&G use case and next steps: Smart Loading Units and Tools into Practice.
- Modelling of freight 2040: Implications of High Capacity Transport
- e-Dolly and the next steps
- Intelligent Access Policies initiative and next steps
Session II Outlook and closure:
- Horizon Europe opportunities
- R&I opportunities beyond AEROFLEX
- The way forward
- Ben Kraaijenhagen, BeCat, Ben Consultancy in automotive and transport
- Fernando Liesa, ALICE
- Dr. Per Elofsson, SCANIA
- Giuseppe Cordua, Iveco – CNH Industrial
- Ton Bertens, Van Eck Trailers
- Henning Wittig, Fraunhofer
- Andreas Lischke, DLR
- Marta Tobar, IDIADA Automotive Technologies S.A
- Julius Engasser, MAN Truck & Bus
- Hilal van der Horst, ZF
- Elisah van Kempen, TNO
- Christoph Jessberger, MAN Truck & Bus